One of the features of the Acomodeo Apartment Management System (AMS) is that you can connect your property with externally managed rates. In this article, you will learn how to connect a SiteMinder rate to the AMS.
To add Acomodeo as a channel in your SiteMinder Channel Manager, please follow the steps in this SiteMinder article.
- You can find the "Hotel Code" for your property in the AMS. Click on "Properties" (or "My Property"). Then click "External Connections", followed by "Siteminder". After that, click "Generate Siteminder Hotel Code".
- Your hotel code will be generated.
Image: Example Hotel code
Important: You will only be able to connect an apartment type to SiteMinder, if you create an external rate for the apartment type in the AMS.
To create an external rate:
- Click on "Rates" in the sidebar and then "External rates".
- Click on "Add new external rate". Choose the property and the apartment type, you want to create an external rate for and enter the required information.
- Name: This is the name of your rate, e.g. "Best Available Rate" or "Non-Refundable Rate". It will be displayed on Acomodeo.com.
- Description: A short description of your rate - do not use more than two sentences. This will also be displayed on Acomodeo.com below the name of your rate.
- SiteMinder System: APAC (Asia, Pacific) or EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) - choose the appropriate SiteMinder channel manager environment.
- Payment Method: Prepayment or Guarantee - After booking confirmation, you will receive contact details to agree on a payment method.
- Add a cancellation policy. It is important that you have added a cancellation policy to your rate. Should you not have added any cancellation policies, this means that a booking can be canceled at any time free of charge.
- Once you have entered all the information, click "Save Siteminder Rate".
Image: Adding external rate info in the Acomodeo AMS
Once an apartment type has the status "Online" and an external rate, you can map it with the respective rate in SiteMinder.